This 120-minute webinar will cover the new (Federal) Physician Payment Sunshine Act, the topics raised by the proposed rule and existing State sunshine laws. Attendees will learn about reporting, certification and registration deadlines and what specifically needs to be reported or provided to the relevant authority.
New federal legislation governs relationships between physicians and medical device, drug and biotech manufacturers. The Physician Payment Sunshine Act requires detailed reporting in 2013 of "transfers of value" made in 2012 to physicians and teaching hospitals. The information reported will be made public by CMS. Are you prepared to track and report gifts and payments made to physicians and teaching hospitals? Numerous states also require certain reporting of transactions and other requirements. Penalties for non-compliance are substantial.
- Physician Payment Sunshine Act
- State sunshine laws – for example, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Nevada, California, Minnesota, West Virginia, DC, etc.
- The proposed rule for the Physician Payment Sunshine Act
- Terminology used in the new federal law and how it applies to your company
- Exceptions that apply to reporting under the federal and state laws
- Registration requirements