NMCEH Conference, Housing for All in Changing Times
April 26, 2012 in Albuquerque, NM
Thanks to our generous Gold Sponsor!
- Department of Family & Community Services, City of Albuquerque
Thanks to our generous Silver Sponsors!
- MFA - New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority
- PNM - Public Service Company of New Mexico
- Moye, Waters and Associates LLC - Full service tax and accounting
Thanks to our generous Copper Sponsor!
- Century Bank (of New Mexico)
Please join us for the New Mexico Coalition to End Homelessness conference scheduled for April 26, 2012. The Housing for All in Changing Times Conference will feature a keynote address from the leadership of the Interagency Council on Homelessness in Washington, D.C. There will be a plenary presentation by Walter Moreau, the director of Foundation Communities in Austin,Texas and a leader in the field of supportive housing.
We will also be offering the following workshops in three tracks:
- Best practices in supportive housing for people with mental health issues
- Best practices for working with people with substance abuse issues
- Working with children youth and families who are homeless
- Raising Private Funds
- Outcome measurement and getting the most out of HMIS
- What's new with state and federal policy with the new HEARTH Act
- Incorporating advocacy into services
- Health care reform
-Directions for hotel accommodations: We have negotiated a $81.00 plus tax per night rate (single/double occupancy) at the Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town . If you wish to make a reservation for the night of Wednesday, April 25, 2012 please contact the hotel by calling 505-843-6300 or toll free at 800-237-2133 and ask to be connected to reservations. Please specify you want the “New Mexico Coalition to End Homelessness" rate (or refer to the Block Code 1204NEWMEX). Please make your reservation BEFORE April 4th so you can take advantage of the $81 rate!
Federal Housing Policy & HUD Budget
Despite the challenges brought by the ongoing recession, New Mexico housing and homeless services agencies have managed to carry on their shared mission of ending homelessness. However, as homelessness continues to plague many New Mexicans and resources become constrained, it is critical for us to come together so that we can develop strategic solutions to homelessness. Please join us on April 26, 2012 so that together we can achieve Housing for All in Changing Times.
For check payments, please register on this website and then, mail your check to NMCEH (P.O. Box 865, Santa Fe, NM 87504) so we can confirm your participation in the conference.
Please register now, registration fees will go up $10 after April 10th!
Lunch at the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center is included in the registration fee!