This 90-minute webinar will cover the basic principles of pharmacogenomics and pharmacogenetics and will discuss in detail the steps behind implementing a clinical pharmacotenomic testing service.
The FDA's Center for Drug Education and Research has relabeled many drugs recommending pharmacogenomic testing. In other cases, the FDA has issued "black box" warnings cautioning doctors that there are genetic variances that effect safety profile for drugs such as codeine and clopidogrel. These FDA mandates have driven the adoption of pharmacogenomic testing into clinical practice to date.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Basic principles of pharmacogenomics and pharmacogenetics.
- Clinical benefits for pharmacogenomics testing.
- Costs and reimbursement for pharmacogenomics testing.
- Current drivers for pharmacogenomics testing.
- Available analytical testing technologies.
- Representative implementation of pharmacogenomics testing.
- Barriers to pharmacogenomics testing.