As you can see outlined below, this course is an A-Z program. After completing the two-part series you will receive a list of REO, property preservation and national property management companies to register with, and more than 100 forms, checklists and resources.
Recent News Brief
“REO Rental Program - The Federal Housing Finance Agency and Department of Housing and Urban Development are expected to roll out this summer.”
The Obama Administration, in conjunction with federal regulators and led by the overseer of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are very close to announcing a pilot program to sell government-owned foreclosures in bulk to investors as rentals. Their approach is to sell distressed single-family houses, renovating them, and lease them to residents who are committed to a path to future home ownership as a viable solution to our nation’s housing crisis. The rent-to-own program will be a 3-5 year agreement.
Real estate agents should brace themselves as REOs will bring a few bright spots for real estate investors — namely in the residential rental segment throughout 2012.
Expand Your Agenda!
Realign your business role today as a local real estate property manager for single family, 2-4 unit homes, condos and townhomes.
The “REPM” Real Estate Property Management course is designed to complement disposition strategies for banks, lenders and their outsourced companies for tenancy compliance or a "rent and hold" approach across multiple state markets. Transfer your real estate skills into property management. There are some gaps and Cathy McDaniel will fill you in.
* You will be given an overview of the development of property management professions.
* Learn how to utilize your skills as a real estate professional in this new income producing niche.
* The course will cover Georgia landlord-tenant laws, government, state and local laws, rules and other regulations affecting the management of single family homes, one-to-four unit properties, condominiums and townhomes.
* An overview of Federal Fair Housing Laws, The Americans with Disabilities Act, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and Fair Credit Reporting Act, eight laws under the Federal Trade Commission, Megan's Law, Lead-Based Paint laws, and Georgia eviction laws will be presented.
* Be prepared for the property management position interview with the property owner,
* various terms and conditions of your property management and rental agreement,
* how to get a property rented by converting emails and phone calls into actual viewings.
* Innovative marketing ideas, attractive staging and advertising that build a great property management business.
* Gain a better understanding of the rental application, how to screen prospective tenants,
* types of consumers reports, what you have right to require from the tenant, what responsibilities a tenant, landlord/property manager during the rental period,
* types of lease agreements, disclosure requirements, risk management, and security deposits plus collecting and handling fees.
* In addition, we will create the move-in procedures, the tenant rules handbook, how to keep your tenants happy and selecting the right contractors to help manage the property.
Realtor, Public Speaker