This webinar will cover Interviewing and Hiring in compliance with employment law and show how you can conduct the selection process with confidence. The webinar will cover the selection process from beginning to end, adhering to applicable employment laws as well as gaining other tips to get to know your candidates and make the best match to the job. It will cover what is a “legal” ad, what questions can be asked in an employment interview and what should not be asked prior to a job offer, how to evaluate a candidate, what constitutes adverse impact in hiring, and how to legally conduct reference and background checks.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Writing and posting legal employment ads?
- What questions you may ask and what are illegal questions in an employment interview?
- How to utilize behavior-based and competency-based interviewing techniques?
- Evaluation of candidates; making fair, nondiscriminatory and smart selection decisions.
- Avoiding “adverse impact” in your hiring process.
- Complying with the goals of Affirmative Action Plans, if applicable.
- Complying with legal requirements of references and background checks.