This FINRA regulation based training will discuss how to create social media policies and implement for compliance and enforcement to avoid fines and disciplinary action for regulated companies. It will also discuss FINRA Notice 10-06 (issued Jan 2010), FINRA Notice 11-39 (issued August 2011), and SEC guidance (issued January 2012).
Social Networking is considered by FINRA to be "communicating with the public", and as such, subject to rigorous rules, regulations, and procedures, that if not followed can lead to fines and disciplinary action to both the Registered Representative (RR) and their parent Broker-Dealer firm. The seminar will summarize recent FINRA fines, penalties, and suspensions for non-compliant social media activity.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- How to Create an Action Plan.
- How to Establish Social Media Policies.
- How to Conduct Corporate Education.
- How to Develop Policies and Procedures for Implementation, Compliance, Enforcement.
- How to Benchmark against "Best Practices".
- How to Separate and segregate Personal and Professional Social Networks.