This 90-minute training will provide an introduction to FDA’s rules governing pet food product development and formulation, manufacturing, labeling; and marketing and promotion. In addition to facility inspections and product recalls, the webinar will summarize and assess FDA’s enforcement activity in the U.S. pet food market paying particular attention to enforcement trends and risks.
This webinar focuses on FDA rules governing the development, formulation (including ingredients and food additives), manufacture, testing, labeling; and marketing and promotion of pet food in the U.S. It will include a comprehensive overview of the pet food label; FDA’s rules governing the use of labeling and promotional claims; facility inspections, product recalls; and FDA enforcement action.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- FDA's regulation of pet food products including the rules covering product formulation, manufacturing, labeling and promotion.
- The various components of a pet food label.
- The process for introducing a new ingredient or feed additive to the market.
- The differences between the Pre-Market Clearance Process, the Food Additive Petition Process and the process for having an ingredient deemed Generally Recognized As Safe (“GRAS”).
- Update on the status of the Proposed GRAS Self-Affirmation Notification Program.
- A summary of FDA's recent enforcement activity in the area and recent trends and areas of particular enforcement risks.
- FDA's regulation of those veterinary products marketed and sold as dietary supplement and nutraceutical in the U.S.
- A brief introduction to the animal drug approval process.